Experienced Lawyer for Idaho Felonies and Misdemeanors
Whether you have been charged with a felony or a misdemeanor, you need a hard charging attorney who puts your interests first — someone who works diligently to protect your rights by helping you achieve the best possible results.
At Bublitz Law, P.C., in Boise, Idaho, this is my goal. I represent people charged with both felonies and misdemeanors in Idaho state courts. These include crimes involving domestic violence, drug charges, DUI and sex crimes, as well as many others. Because of my in-depth experience and professional background, I am well equipped to handle even serious matters effectively.
Idaho recognizes certain differences between felonies and misdemeanors:
- Felonies: A felony is a crime that is punishable by death or imprisonment in a state prison. Depending on the charge, penalties range from a minimum of 1 year in the state prison to a life sentence.
- Misdemeanors: Crimes that are not felonies or mere infractions are considered misdemeanors under Idaho law. Misdemeanors may be punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for a period of not more than 1 year.
Given certain situations, crimes that usually are charged as misdemeanors may be enhanced to felonies. A conviction for a felony can have a serious affect on your future. In addition to possible incarceration, you may face a wide range of other consequences:
- Loss of future employment potential
- Loss of your voting rights
- Loss of ability to carry a gun or other weapon
- Loss of ability to serve on a jury
Some felonies may be pleaded to misdemeanors with the help of a good attorney. As a former prosecutor and experienced criminal defense lawyer, I may be able to help you get felony charges reduced to a misdemeanor.
To discuss your legal issue and defense options, call me at 208-344-5500 or send e-mail today. Initial consultations are free and confidential.